As we live through the dying days of this virtual civilization, the daily number of Legendary Defenders has climbed steadily.
Since I’ve done three, and my protege has done one, we are both well aware of the time investment it takes to achieve in a non-obsessive manner.
I am very happy that Vanguard Quests were added to Pre-Searing Ascalon, as I also appreciate the Costume and Hat Makers! I would have not bothered with LDoA if not for the Quests.
What’s my point? Well, it’s that I’ve decided to share something that my faithful protege has unveiled to me! This is another alternative to grinding the first three foes by the Ice Elemental in Vanguard Rescue: Farmer Hamnet. Get the Monk to help you, go around the bottom instead of toward the Ice Elemental directly. It is hellishly boring. At minimum, do the eastern river run if you are going to grind Hamnet, please!
Anyhow, do this:
1. Get two accounts with toons of at least equal level
2. on one, use your ASSISTING get theÂ Vanguard Bounty: Blazefiend GriefbladeÂ quest.
3. on the second, use tour COLLECTING get theÂ Vanguard Annihilation: CharrÂ quest.
4. join a party together, open the gate, head in.
5. log out the ASSISTING toon.
6. Go get ’em!
7. once the quests are both complete, the COLLECTING toon can abandon the quest and ask Lagmar again if you want to repeat it.
8. If you are past the day of the quest, the COLLECTING tune can only kill 5 of the 6 champions, before mapping back to Pre-Searing Ascalon to meet with the ASSISTING toon again!
Wash, rinse, repeat! Have fun!
I used Ranger/Elementalist twice and favour it most definitely, though I’d love to give it a go as a Warrior. Necromancer was awful. Yuck. I may never play my main toon again.